The 3228V vandal-proof analog station port intercom is UL/CSA and FCC certified. This doorphone kit includes a controller, vandal proof intercom station, a surface mount bracket for wall mounting, tamper-proof screwdriver and 24V power supply. The intercom station can also be flush mounted into a double gang box (not included). Mounting gaskets are also included in the kit for installing the intercom in any outdoor environment.
How the Algo Analog Station Port Intercom Works
- Visitors press the call button on the 3228V intercom station to initiate calling a designated number configured in the device.
- Answering the intercom call enables two-way communication with the visitor. Any telephone, device or client on the UC platform can communicate with the doorphone if integrated to a telephone system (e.g., mobile or wireless phone, soft client on a tablet or laptop, desk phone).
- Alternatively, the doorphone can be called directly from any telephone or device. The doorphone will auto-answer to permit a two-way voice call via the intercom station.
- During the intercom call the telephone keypad can be used to enter a door open code (e.g. digit 6, or up to four digits). Once activated the doorphone access control relay will permit a momentary unlock of the entrance for the visitor to gain access through the door or gate in a secure and efficient manner. Note: Duration of the relay activation is configurable, as is the open code.
Secure Door / Gate Access Control
A controller + intercom station are two components of the 3228V doorphone kit. The controller provides the telephone connection and the relay for door / gate access control. As the controller is generally located inside the premise, the 3228V is a secure solution in the event there is tampering of the public-facing intercom station. The access control relay is in no way exposed, and unauthorized entry to the building is prevented.
The 3228V access control relay can connect to any type of industry standard door strike, gate activation system or access / security control panel. A 30V 1A normally open or normally closed relay is available from the controller for this purpose. A door strike is not included with the 3228V doorphone kit.
Generally it is best the strike power be provided using the manufacturer’s power supply, however, the 3228V doorphone can provide 24V DC strike power (current limited to 300mA). The power supply is earth grounded to meet safety and regulatory requirements when extending the doorphone outside the perimeter of the building to a gate.
Auxiliary Low Voltage Inputs & Outputs
A number of low voltage programmable inputs and outputs available from the controller and intercom station. Common uses for the auxiliary relays include configuring an input to use an existing doorbell, for example, or a relay output to activate a loud ringer or strobe light for intercom call telephone ring alerting. A door sensor input is also available for configuration, including the option to activate an alarm if the door remains open for an extended period (e.g., tailgating, leaving the door ajar).
Legacy Analog Doorphone Retrofit
The 3228V is ideally suited as retrofit solution of an existing analog intercom. It is often the case that 24 gauge twisted pair wiring is used with legacy intercom systems. This wiring can be re-used to connect the 3228V controller to the Algo intercom station, thereby saving time and money in not having to re-wire. Twisted pair wiring can also be used to wire the relay for door / gate control. Note: The controller can only be wired to the Algo intercom station in the 3228V kit.
Benefits of the Algo Vandal-Proof Analog Station Port Intercom
- Seamless analog trunk port integration or direct connection to an analog telephone.
- Rugged low-profile appearance to dissuade vandalism.
- Two piece solution including controller + intercom station secures the access control relay and the network connection.
- Twisted pair 24 gauge wiring simplifies retrofit applications when upgrading legacy analog intercom systems to VoIP.
- Extended wiring flexibility of up to 1000 feet (305m) for gate applications outside the perimeter of the building.
- Backlit capacitance touch call button (piezo switch) for visibility in low light conditions.
- Concealed intercom grill pattern to minimize sharp object damage.
- Seamless relay activation via telephone keypad during the intercom call for secure door or gate entry.
- Extended wiring up to 1000 feet (305m) for gate applications outside the perimeter of the building.
- Supervised link to intercom station monitors fault conditions to minimize down time.
- Configurable through software via USB or by telephone keypad using touch-tone (DTMF) commands.
- Initiates or accepts intercom calls.
- Solid milled aluminum anodized faceplate which resists dents, cigarette lighter burns, sharp objects, etc.
- Tamper-proof security mounting screws (screwdriver included).
- Capacitance touch call button (piezo switch) – no moving parts.
- Integrated access control relay from separate controller located securely from the public-facing intercom station.
- 24 gauge twisted pair wiring up to 1000 feet (305m).
- Backlit call button for low light conditions, with button flash indication for call initiation and connectivity.
- Surface mount or flush mount installation in standard double gang box.
- Complete doorphone / intercom solution as one part number / SKU.
- 24V power supply included. Earth grounded to meet safety and regulatory requirements for extending doorphone beyond a building perimeter to a gate.
- UL/CSA and FCC certified; NEMA 3R outdoor rated.
- Dimensions – Intercom Station: 4.5” x 4.5” x 1.2” (11.5 cm x 11.5 cm x 3.1 cm), Controller: 5.6″ x 6.9″ x 1.6″ (14.2cm x 17.5cm x 4.1cm)